Is my child age eligible for Preschool Promise for the 21-22 school year?
Children born between 9/01/2016 and 8/31/2018 are eligible for Preschool Promise this upcoming school year.
What do I need to apply?
- Current utility/service bill (electric, gas, water/sewer and waste)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Identification card or Oregon driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Hospital record
- Wages or salary: 3 months of current pay stubs, W2 or 1040 Tax form
- Self-employment income: Previous year’s tax Schedule C or 3 months of profit and loss statement
- Social Security Award Letter
- SSI award letter
- TANF letter
What counts as income?
- Income includes:
• Wages or salary (gross income);
• Net income from self-employment
• Payments from Social Security or other retirement
• Payments for unemployment, workers’ compensation, veteran’s benefits, public assistance (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Security Income and similar money payments)
• Training stipends
• Alimony, child support; private pensions, government pensions and regular insurance or annuity payments;
• College scholarships or grants
• Dividends, interest, net rental income
• Other periodic income sources
- Income does not include:
• Capital gains
• Assets drawn down as withdrawals from a bank or the sale of property such as car or house
• Tax refunds, gifts, loans or one-time insurance benefits
• Foster care subsidies
• Non-cash benefits such as employer-paid health insurance
• Food or housing received in lieu of wages
• Economic impact payments and federal unemployment supplements, authorized by the CARES Act
• Non-cash assistance benefits such as Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches or housing assistance
• Social Security survivor benefits received by the child
• Tribal benefits
• Adoption assistance payments
• Veteran’s disability benefits.
I've filled out the online application, what happens next?
Early Learning Hub staff will reach out to you to finalize your application when you are selected. Applying does not automatically enroll your child or secure a spot. Please feel free to reach out with questions! email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I learn more about Preschool Promise Providers?
Preschool Promise classrooms are located throughout the region:
Classes throughout Central Oregon at:
Las clases en todo el centro de Oregon en: